Monday, January 10, 2022

Amazing Silhouettes

Do you ever look at a stamp set, and say to yourself "eh, I don't really like this style"?  That was my thought when I received Amazing Silhouettes free from Stampin' Up for attending the Online Convention recently.  

Amazing Silhouettes Stamp Set 157814  $22

Amazing Silhouettes Bundle 157819  $44 (Includes the Amazing Thanks Die set)

This set just didn't really grab me, but since I have it, I figured I better see what I can do with it  So, off to trusty Pinterest get inspired.  I saw several different cards using this set, with simplicity being the main idea to highlight the stamp.  I fell in love with this color combo, and the beauty of the stamp really stood out.  So, here is my card.  


For this card, I used cardstock in Basic White, Highland Heather and Pool Party, and matching inks.  To get the multiple colors on the stamp, I first inked it with Pool Party, then took a Sponge Dauber and added the Highland Heather randomly over the Pool Party.  It took me a couple of tries to get the right balance of color, and learned to kind of brush the sponge dauber on the stamp so that I didn't have round circles of the Highland heather.  I layered everything on the card base, adding the Pool Party Sheer Ribbon and a sentiment.  This card would work for any purpose, so when I am ready to send it, I can add the specific additional sentiment on the inside.  You could use any color combo you like, just remember when inking the stamp. ink first with the lightest color, then add the darker color with the sponge dauber.  

Supply list:
Basic White Cardstock  159276  $9.75
Highland Heather Cardstock  146986  $8.75
Pool Party Cardstock  122924  $8.75
Highland Heather ink 147103  $7.50
Pool Party ink  147101  $7.50
Sponge Daubers  133733  $5.00 (5)
Pool Party 3/8" Sheer Ribbon  152462  $6.00
Adhesive
Awesome Silhouettes Stamp Set  15784  $22.00
or
Amazing Silhouettes Bundle 157819 $44

Depending on what supplies you have already, you can order what you need, and will most likely have a $50 order, which will qualify you for a free Sale-a-bration item!


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment